Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Making Learning Relevant

As educators we hear it all the time, “when will I ever use this?”  

I take this as my biggest challenge! I will prove to you that it is useful OR I’ll admit you won’t likely need it much.


Earlier today, my sister sent me an unexpected link.  It appeared to be about a tv show.  I don’t watch much tv… But boy does my sister know me well!!

Check it out: https://theholdernessfamily.com/the-math-of-the-amazing-race/?fbclid=IwAR0KMTUJ-XWq0js_6m4-Aj_vG3IeM3c23vrorpvqUuc3zU-JPvIlPwdFSIs

It’s really all about math, my love! I read it and loved it immediately!!! Then I texted it to a family I supported this week because it applies and builds a connection to learning (while proving math is used in life!)

My challenge to you, educators: look for connections and relevance everywhere.  Create a file folder for great resources and pull them out at the appropriate time! 








No comments: