Sunday, February 20, 2022

My New Sunday Wellness Routine

Balance. 

I am working to be a more balanced person. I used to be ALL work.  My work was just never done.  But being all work didn't mean it all got done. To be more balanced, I bought a paddleboard and snowshoes, I started new hobbies like hydroponics and brewing kombuca, and I turned a space bedroom into a craft room.  These have been helpful!

Now, this week, I've given myself a new checklist for Sundays to ensure that I take a break, enjoy a slower pace, and that I fill my bucket. 

My Sunday list now includes:

  • Read for fun
  • Play with pups
  • Be outside for part of the day
  • Rest and take a nap if I want to
  • Go through all my photos from the week and mark favorites, send some to my digital frame and some to my family
  • Connect with friends
  • Make something (craft, meal, treat)
  • Plan week (got a new planner I LOVE).  I now spend at least 30-60 mins looking at the week as a whole and each day to know precisely what's coming and be prepared for it.
What's your strategy for balance and wellness? What fills your bucket, refuels you, and helps you be ready for the week ahead yet gives you time to decompress and be human?



No comments: