Sunday, February 20, 2022

Welcome back!!!

And then there comes a day way more than a decade later when you are having so many EXCURSIONS IN EDUCATION that you have to revive the blog you started forever ago!

WELCOME BACK! 

I can't wait to update where I am at these days, all the journies and connections happening on my excursion right now and to track it all through this blog.  My aim is to blog nearly daily.  To create an archive of everything happening around me and to process it for me and share it with you!  

So where am I... well I am a princpal on sabbatical this year.   During my sabbatical, I am:

  • A doctoral candidate at NCU aiming to finish this year!
  • Seeking a second masters at UMBC in Public Policy
  • A fellow with the Maryland General Assembly supporing the Blueprint for Maryland's Future and its Accountabilty and Implementation Board
  • A contractor to MSDE through Insight Education supporting 6 assistant principals in the Maryland's Promising Princpal's Academy.
  • A business owner of A to Z Education Consulting, LLC developing a company that networks top notch education thinkers in all areas to provide top-notch programs and services that model the way forward for education reform and propell education refrom to a national topic that shows the promise, mandates progress, celebrates everyone along the way
    • An education entreprenuer learning the ins and outs of business
    • A tech geek trying to keep up with all the processes, tools, resources and new stuff!
    • A course creator, a program created
  • An author--- I've drafted my first book!!!!!
  • An adjunct professor at McDaniel College and admin intern supervisor
  • A member of the Leading Lady Collective with AliceAnne Loftus
  • and I'm becoming a much more balanced person--- a good daughter, sister, and aunt; the leader of the pack of 4 lab rescues, an engaged neighbor (go little library!) and someone who prioritizes my health and wellness who has hobbies and is constantly learning new things!
    • Kombucha is brewing
    • Hydroponic garden is ready to start again
    • Paddleboard is waiting for warmer weather and I'm trying to organize a snow tubing trip!
    • Tomorrow... we learn to crochet....
    • My craft room is soooooo cool!!!! I make shirts, wood burn, vinyl projects and more!
So... just a few things going on.  It's all so very energizing.  This is my space for raw reflection (sorry for the typos!! -- where is that darn spellcheck button on blogger?!). My fingers can't keep up with my brain these days... and there are just so many sticky notes and lists.   

This blog will chronical all of these areas.  It will also serve as a place where I process my education passions and observations and dreams.  

Thought this won't be limited to any content, it will focus mostly on education and also education policy, and some of my main focuses are:

  • Mentoring and Coaching school leaders (dissertation topic)Early childhood education
  • Innovative instructional transformation
  • Education reform
  • Teacher wellness, supporting our profession.... saving our profession
  • Math instruction 
  • Ensuring targeted instructional approaches for each student
  • Empowering students to take action, to advocate for themselves and the world around them

It's been a fabulous year.  The spring promises to be a wild and amazing ride!  I hope you'll subsrcibe and engage!  Share the journey with me, send me your ideas, provide your thoughts and counter thoughts, share resources. 

No comments: